Our client is a leading provider of innovative protective packaging materials and systems. They design, develop and deliver packaging solutions for a wide variety of consumer and industrial market segments globally. Their products and systems can be found in virtually every industry and they are supported by a comprehensive sales, customer service, technical service and distribution network. With their international presence and expanding opportunities, they are now looking for an European Sales Director.
As European Sales Director you will identify new sales leads and help gain the company’s ambitious objectives in a dynamic field. You guide and manage the teams across Europe and bring added value to the wide range of clients in the packaging/distribution industry. With your hands-on leadership combined with analytical capabilities, you will extend the business, reputation, and infrastructure of the company in Europe. A strong can-do mentality and ownership are key desired attributes for this position. In this role you work closely together with regional sales managers in the countries and with the CCO to whom you report to.
Duties and responsibilities
- Build annually sales/business development plans generating sales growth and achieve sales targets by supporting local sales teams;
- Actively manage the customer relationship with key customers;
- Manage and guide new business deals, develop and negotiate various contracts and chase new business opportunities;
- Maximise sales performance while optimizing the use of resources;
- Coordinate with Product Management, Operations and Marketing to develop innovative business proposals, programs and concepts;
- Identify market drivers and translate trends and consumer knowledge into meaningful insights
- Establish good relationships internal & external and build wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation
- Provides leadership and supports sales to close the deal;
- Customer value orientation: Works with services and engineering team to design integrations and propose plans to improve productivity on end-customer level.
- Bachelor or Academic degree in industrial engineering or commercial studies
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in managing sales teams in Europe
- Experience in direct and distributor sales
- Availability to travel extensively within the territory
- Personable and approachable; able to build rapport quickly in various regions
- Self-starter; able to motivate oneself and others
- Fluent in English. German and/or another European language is a pre
Compensation: Salary levels will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will be coupled with a generous bonus package.